I ran for Trustee after stopping the development of a four-story Self Storage facility at Maple and Telegraph. After four decades of living in Bloomfield, I was shocked to hear the administration would even consider something so out of character for Bloomfield Township, let alone put it right next to the Fox Croft neighborhood. When I attended meetings, I noticed the animosity between board members growing each year and that trickled down with their animosity to community members as well.
As a Trustee, I saw the lack of transparency, push for over-development, constant pitting of employees against citizens, and outdated business practices risking the sustainability and character of Bloomfield first-hand. Unfortunately, these issues were deeper than I expected because they are systemic to the autocratic management style of the current administration.
As Supervisor, I will bring successful business acumen and leadership you can trust to
- Develop a Strategic Plan with a committee of leadership, employees, and citizens to add input and come together to build our long term vision of Bloomfield Township
- Lower our water and sewer rates
- Bring transparency of the Township operations to our residents
- Pass balanced budgets while maintaining our services to the residents
- Rebuild bridges with residents, employees, and school districts
- Develop an ethics/conflict of interest policy